Tank Power Roughing End Mills
AVAILABLE IN BOTH FINE AND COARSE PITCH STYLES
- Provides longer tool life at higher feed rates in Ferrous Materials: < 45 HRc,
- Stainless Steel & Cast Iron.
- Tougher than Carbide… More Wear Resistant than Premium M42.
- Takes heavier chip loads and deeper cuts.
- Fine Pitch for profiling and shallow slotting.
- Coarse Pitch for heavy cuts, pocketing & deep slotting.
- All lengths & extended neck style - standard.
- Available Uncoated or TiAlN-Coated.
- Cutting Diameters up to 2".
Advantages of HSS, Cobalt and PM over Carbide
- Much higher toughness
- Enables use of large diameter end mills, taking heavier & deeper cuts
- PM end mills "wear," while carbide chips and breaks
- Machines often lack sufficient rigidity for carbide
- Long carbide end mills are weak and break
- Over 5/8” diameter, PM is much less costly than carbide
Serving the Customer's Needs
MANUFACTURER'S ARE DROPPING HIGH SPEED END MILLS MOSTLY DUE TO PROFITABILITY. YG-1 CONTINUES TO EXPAND THESE END MILL PRODUCT LINES, AND INVESTING IN MORE LOCAL INVENTORY TO SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. YG-1 HAS NEVER BEEN ABOUT THE BOTTOM LINE. IT'S ABOUT SERVING THE CUSTOMERS' NEEDS – FROM BRIDGEPORTS TO MULTI-AXIS CNC MACHINES AND GANTRIES.